Question about RTR wheel and 2013 GT

fiveoboy01

Established Member
I assume these wheels are not hubcentric and I'd need an adapter ring for that?

Anyone know the part number or what ring I'd need if this is the case? Looking at ordering up some wheels shortly. Thanks.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
the RTR wheels will fit 05-13 mustang with no problem. We install them all the time on customer's cars and no issues at all.

fiveoboy01

Established Member
I understand they will bolt right on, but that's not what I'm asking.

Are they a precise fit to the hub? If not, is there a ring available to make that happen?

Hub-piloted wheels roll truer, with less vibration and tire wear than stud piloted wheels. That's why I'm asking.

fiveoboy01

Established Member
Also, if anyone would have it, I'm looking for the overall diameter and/or revs per mile of the stock tire(Pirelli 235/50/18 P-Zero Nero). I've been digging through Pirelli's website and can't for the life of me find any actual tire dimensions.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I understand they will bolt right on, but that's not what I'm asking.

Are they a precise fit to the hub? If not, is there a ring available to make that happen?

Hub-piloted wheels roll truer, with less vibration and tire wear than stud piloted wheels. That's why I'm asking.

They work just fine and I have never seen anyone need a ring. Not needed.

Also, if anyone would have it, I'm looking for the overall diameter and/or revs per mile of the stock tire(Pirelli 235/50/18 P-Zero Nero). I've been digging through Pirelli's website and can't for the life of me find any actual tire dimensions.

They only come in 19s so your 18s will not work.

The revs per mile for your 18s though are : 740

Your tire size is: 27.25

and this tire is designed for a .8 size wheel

Tire Calculator

:beer:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

General tire size info, not specifically Pirelli.

Diameter: 27.3
Circum: 85.6
Revs/mile: 740

fiveoboy01

Established Member
I understand that a ring isn't NEEDED but I'd rather use one if it's available.

I realize my tires will not work, I was just wanting to know the difference between the size of the old and new so I don't screw up my speedo. Looks like the tire I'm looking at is 751 Revs/Mile, that shouldn't really affect the speedo in any significant fashion I assume?

kingnut

Established Member
dude just order them anyway if you want them. get the hub size off the car and the bore of the wheel and order the correct ones. they are definitely not gonna hurt.

alex12gt

Established Member
Just order the rings and spend extra money for no needed reason if thats what you want why even ask

IA Shelby

Established Member
I assume these wheels are not hubcentric and I'd need an adapter ring for that?

Anyone know the part number or what ring I'd need if this is the case? Looking at ordering up some wheels shortly. Thanks.

I will answer your question. The rtr wheels are hub centric.

The design comes from vmr. CDC got the rights to market them specifically to the mustang s197 market.

fiveoboy01

Established Member
I will answer your question. The rtr wheels are hub centric.

The design comes from vmr. CDC got the rights to market them specifically to the mustang s197 market.

Thank you. Not sure how it took that many posts by maybe it's not common knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread