Question about sealants

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Hey everyone,

a while ago I read an article from lethal performance on detailing/paint correcting the car and bought Blackfire Wet Diamonding liquid thinking this was a wax and then I purchased Adams liquid paint sealant. Are these essential the same product? I was going to wash,clay,wash, Adams liquid Sealant and then apply Blackfire ontop thinking this was a wax. Will this work or do I need to purchase a new wax?

Adam's sealant recommends you apply on the paint anyone wax first then apply the sealant and wax again using this new liquid sealant?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I mean you can apply a sealant on top of a sealant it wont hurt anything but yet in the sense they are the same both a sealant. i love blackfire wet diamond sealant and usually use it and then top it with a wax. i would suggest trying to trade one of them away for a good quality wax

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I think will just use up my Blackfire since I love the deeper/wet look with my silver color.

mcate

Established Member
It's not recommended to apply wax first, then sealant. This gets WAY into more chemical stuff than I am educated in, but the general consensus it that that sealant is engineered to bond to paint, not wax.

hoamskilet

Established Member
It's not recommended to apply wax first, then sealant. This gets WAY into more chemical stuff than I am educated in, but the general consensus it that that sealant is engineered to bond to paint, not wax.

This. Sealant supposedly bonds to the paint and wax more or less sits on top of the paint

Old Pirate

Established Member
Sealants will out last waxes, but if you like using both I recommend using the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Sealant first and letting it cure on the paint for 24 hrs ( after you buff it off ) and then applying your wax. In the days of CMA when I was there it was call Blackfire over Ice Whiplash that is still in use. Just remember that sealants outlast waxes in terms of protection and shine so any product you use will give you the look your looking for.

RC-5.0

Established Member
This. Sealant supposedly bonds to the paint and wax more or less sits on top of the paint

↑↑
This.. It does not HURT to put the sealant on top of wax, but the purpose of the sealant is defeated when it sits on top of the wax, since it come off with the wax. When the sealant goes on first, the wax sits on top, and as it wears, the sealant stays bonded longer to the paint. I like Adams Sealant.
RC

Users who are viewing this thread