Question about shortblocks

onepowerfulpony

Feel The Powa
Established Member
Ok, I know this has been asked before, but I was unable to find the answer using the search function, so help me out here.

1996 Cobra, Vortech S-Trim (12psi), 42lbs injectors, and coil packs, wires etc., and fuel pumps. 140k miles. I am wanting to freshen up my motor before anything happens to it. What do I need to do..? Can I just do some piston and rods, some machine work and then have the heads freshened up with valves and springs and new blower cams.....? What is the economic way to go about this? Should I just go .20 over and some good rods to match the new pistons? Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
This is off topic, but i'm curious with that many miles how long you have been boosted at 12 psi.

I am no expert by far, but you will also need the rings and such and probably a new oil pump (melling if you can afford it). I have been looking into a budget build for a while and I think the best way to do it in the end is to buy an already done shortblock and install it yourself with some friends and maybe a mechanic to do the difficult parts like timing the cams. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread