Question about Silver paint code on 2003 cobras

jeffsavage

Established Member
While I was reading the Mustang Enthusiast magazine last night I picked up while grocery shopping, had something interesting about paint colors on 2003 cobras.

They state that there were 13,476 2003 cobras built. 8,394 coupes and 5,082 convertibles.

3,930 of them were black (2,251 coupes, 1,679 convertibles).

They state rarest color was satin silver metallic. Only 323 buillt, 242 coupes and 81 convertibles.

My question is I have a silver 2003 cobra, but window sticker says color is silver metallic. Is this same thing as satin silver metallic? Looking at 2003 brochures for Cobra, satin silver is only silver color listed.

If so I am a happy camper, if I have 1 of only 242 silver coupes! I wonder why not many people like silver? It is a bit bland but shows dirt the least (Not like the black lightning I had before!)

If anyone can verify silver color information on 2003 cobras I would appreciate it!

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Satin silver was a frist run color. It was changed to silver matalic after the first run of cars was produced.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Unfortunately, "no"; silver metallic is different from satin silver. Satin silver was a first run color ending in September 2002. Silver metallic was available in all subsequent runs.

jeffsavage

Established Member
Originally posted by §ilver§nake
Unfortunately, "no"; silver metallic is different from satin silver. Satin silver was a first run color ending in September 2002. Silver metallic was available in all subsequent runs.

Wow, that sucks. I was pretty excited! How much of a difference is there between satin silver and silver metallic? I would love to see pictures. Can't see there being that much difference? Bummer, I was all giddy for a little while at least...

Users who are viewing this thread