Question about stripes and black roof option

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
According to the online configurator, you can get the black roof and stripes. What color combo are you wanting to get?

03Predator

Established Member
Yeah that's what I found when I used Ford's online builder as well. But when it came time to place the order through a dealer they tell me it's not possible. I chose magnetic grey and wanted black stripes.

According to the online configurator, you can get the black roof and stripes. What color combo are you wanting to get?

krt22

Established Member
There have been plenty of other cars in the track tours that have both. Some others have mentioned having issues with it, but eventually got it through. Nothing in the ordering guide says they are mutually exclusive options, so ask your dealer to contact his regional rep and ask what needs to be done with the ordering system to get it approved.

03Predator

Established Member
He said he would contact their rep and when he got back to me a few minutes ago, STILL claims it's not possible. I'm about to cancel my order. I mean...why buy a car like this if it's not exactly they way I want it.

There have been plenty of other cars in the track tours that have both. Some others have mentioned having issues with it, but eventually got it through. Nothing in the ordering guide says they are mutually exclusive options, so ask your dealer to contact his regional rep and ask what needs to be done with the ordering system to get it approved.

Lemers

Established Member
I have a black roof with stripes on order. They had to go above the salesman because I was changing my order but it was confirmed.

Lemers

Established Member
My dealer is structured a little differently than most dealers.

The salesman and GM at the individual store don't talk directly to ford. There is a corporate office in NY inbetween the store and anyone at Ford.

At first the salesman and GM said that it was too late to change my order. (Original order Mag with Blue stripes). Since my order hadn't started being built I knew it shouldn't be too late on Ford's side of the process.

I asked for the corporate office information and told the store I would work directly with corporate to change the order.

The "ford product manager" at the corporate office talked directly with their contact at ford and made the change (mag with black stripes and black roof).

There may be an error in the system that dealers are working off of, but if the dealer talks directly with Ford the black roof with certain stripe combos can be done.

Helmet

Established Member
"They"? Maybe that's why mine's not going through...'cause the order was changed from its original configuration?

I have a black roof with stripes on order. They had to go above the salesman because I was changing my order but it was confirmed.

I think your salesman is being lazy and doesn't want to rewrite the order, YOU can get the Black roof with the stripes. I have seen window stickers from Ford with this option, If the Salesman won't cooperate with you, Ask to see the Sales manager.

Helmet

Established Member
Black Roof With Stripes

sticker.jpg

03Predator

Established Member
Thank you everyone for the information! I will talk to him about this when he gets in to his office. I knew it was possible. If it's not, usually the Ford configurator online will tell you so!

03Predator

Established Member
Yep, he finally figured out how to change the order. Black roof AND stripes! But now I'm contemplating backing out due to the ADM. :( The last thing I need is an ulcer over a car!

03Predator

Established Member
Haha! I don't care who knows. 10k. The only reason I agreed to it is because he said I'd take delivery by end of this year. But now I think he was just telling me anything to keep me interested. I've never bought a car like this before so I had no idea how it worked. Needless to say I'm learning the hard way.

krt22

Established Member
If you dont have a build date by now, chances of it coming by end of the year are dwindling. I would definitely use the late delivery to help negotiate down the ADM

Users who are viewing this thread