Question about the 6.0 F250

M3xpress

Established Member
I found a really good deal on an '04 F250 XLT 6.0, 4X4, auto. It looks like a nice truck. I've been told no mechanical issues and the guy is in one of those must sale positions due to a job change.

My Dad has been looking to get rid of his manual, 2wd, 7.3 Powerstroke for an auto, 4x4 one and I'm always on the look out for stuff to flip as well.

I'm supposed to go look at the truck and what I'm wondering is if it checks out alright, is the 6.0 Diesel worth buying for either of us?

If my Dad gets it it will be one of his work trucks, but he doesn't abuse his stuff.

With me being able to get it at a good chunk under book value, if I got it I would just clean it up and try to get a little money out of it.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
They have their issues but all the known fixes are out there now. Most will tell you to go with the 7.3. I love my 6.0, but I'd do a quick search to read on their issues and make an educated decision. I would buy another one.

tj04cobra

Established Member
What's the milage and price of the truck? Got any pics as well? That will let us know if you are getting a deal or not. The 6.0 imo is a great motor! They have their issues just like the 7.3. The 7.3 is said by many to be the greatest motor to ever come in a super duty but I LOVE the 6.0 a hell of a lot more. Once you get some of the kinks they have worked out its an awesome motor. But if you are looking to just buy it to flip it you really don't need to worry about that stuff. If you keep it then there are some things that will need to be done to it to make it a reliable truck.

Thats a 6.0 in my avatar btw. I do that day in a day out and work on specifically powerstrokes at a small independent shop.

M3xpress

Established Member
It's got some miles on it, 170k, 2 owner, it's been in one fender bender in it's history, he's trying to pay it off, he's got it for 8.

He said it's got some small dings in it from being used, but the only thing that he knows that needs to be replaced is the passenger side mirror. Can't tell from the picture, I assumed it's just beat up, glass knocked out. I'm supposed to go look at it in the morning.

Sorry for the small pictures....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread