Question about the '99 "Fix"

99NJCobra

Established Member
I don't believe my cobra ever went in for the recall, but then again wasn't exactly sure where to look for the dot on the intake (blue dot, correct?). I know if I call the SVT hotline I can find out whether it was done or not, but if it hasn't been done, will Ford still honor it? Also, what is the SVT hotline number?
Thanks,
Brian

o0rikio0o

Established Member
99NJCobra said:
I don't believe my cobra ever went in for the recall, but then again wasn't exactly sure where to look for the dot on the intake (blue dot, correct?). I know if I call the SVT hotline I can find out whether it was done or not, but if it hasn't been done, will Ford still honor it? Also, what is the SVT hotline number?
Thanks,
Brian

i think its a green dot on the manifold (i think). i doubt ford will still honor it. it won't be free, i can tell you that much. the phone number is 18663778862

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
More than likely it has been done. They stopped delivery of all the cars still on lots or waiting for delivery to do the fix, and most of the cars that had already been sold had the fix completed as well.

The dot (blue or green depending on how the intake was treated) is on the drivers side lower intake behind the alternator.

Ford will no longer honor the fix. Instead what SVT will advise is to get a cat-back and a tune which is 2 of things they changed on the cars.

If you're car hasn't had the fix done you may want to consider removing the upper and lower intake and having them ported and polished. That along with the cat-back and tune will get your power back. Though I would hold off on the tune until you've got all the bolt-ons.

Last edited:

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
my car has the green dot on the front of the uppper manifold near the alternator, and there is a sticker saying the EEC has been reprogrammed on the underside lip of the hood - i guess there is a purple dot as well, and one means it was acid dipped, the other means extrude-honed, dunno which is which tho :D

i posted this awhile ago and everyone said to call a dealer or SVT and have them look up the work done on the vehicle and see if its been done - i doubt it would be warrantied if warranted (wierd sentence...)

Eric

99NJCobra

Established Member
Great, thanks. Figures, I was looking in the wrong area. I have exhaust, I'm getting it retuned over the summer, and I'm planning on either porting my intake or getting a new one...so even if they did honor it, it'd be pointless at this point. Oh and real quick...I have stock headers with a MAC o/r x-pipe and MAC cat back. I'm looking at getting the chrome BBK LT's and BBK o/r short x-pipe. Would this be a good choice? I also have a JLT cold air (just came in today) and 3.73's at the moment as well. If I go with LT's I'll probably switch out the 3.73's for 4.10's or possibly 4.30's.
Thanks again,
Brian

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
long tubes provide proven gains. If you don't have to worry too much about ground clearance, get them. Do the tune after they are installed though. To really get the benefit of them you'll need a tune with them included in the combination.

Users who are viewing this thread