Question about the Super snake

Blaine

Established Member
Blaine, ok this is what I am talking about. You can not just change a pulley and get 850rwhp "easy"........period None of those cars are just pulley changed they are all sprayed. I believe the post you made 100% from evo but fastlanes no way, if they did pull those numbers there is no way it will last. Without more than a pulley change there is no way anyone is pulling 850+ rwhp out of a 500. Believe me I was shoting for 800rwhp and I am running a smaller pulley than most on my KB and am not hitting 800 yet. I will not run the smallest pulley that KB makes for the 500 because you need to run C16 with that pulley and a few more hp is not worth the cost of the fuel IMO.

Oh Im with ya on reliable. I won't take mine past 700 to wheels. And anything past 800 to the wheels requires race fuel pretty much and you will be on a knife edge of whether or not your engine will go boom. My definition of "not easy" is anything that involves taking the engine apart.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
SOunds like BS. You don't order a supersnake.. U buy a GT500 FIRST... then you get on a LONG waiting list to get the supersnake package put on at a SUPERSNake authorized dealer.

Oh and the 725+ hp is the stock PSI setting on the Kenne bell kit... u can get a pully and get over 850+ RWHP easy. With slicks ur running low 10's in the qtr. :pop:

Also... bashing other Nice sports cars... just shows you really don't love cars. I'd own them all if I could.

True, it is 725h.p. (not 740h.p. as is quoted earlier in this thread), for a base price of $32K. There is a lesser 605h.p. SS package for $28K that is available in a convert. as well as the coupe. KB says that with a different tune (available from KB for $299 or something) and 100+ octane, this same 725 car will go just over 800 at the flywheel, I think it is 805 or 810.<<I don't think it was 850, but I could be wrong, maybe it was higher than 810. I believe that 637h.p. at the rear wheels is what I have seen posted on the SAI forum for a 725 SS, and 11.40 on drag radials.<<This is with the 3800-3900lb. Super Snaked GT500. The car, with its 3.73's still had to be soft pedaled to get the 11.40's. I think the mph was 135? I want to see some tests with slicks!!!

I am still waiting for my call from SAI. I have a Nov. 07 deposit date. They are currently working on Aug. or early Sept. 07 deposit dates. Yes, the wait is long. I bought my 08 GT500 last April and have been waiting since that time..................Maybe some day. :shrug:

R

Last edited:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
From another forum, here's KBTECH take on his Super Snake,

"And, this car [his SS] with only a quick easy $125 pulley change and some race fuel [C16] can be turned up an additional 143 rwhp from 658 to 801 = 143 MORE HP with no other changes or additions to the tune or fuel system. 800 rwhp is 940 engine hp!"

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is a link to the specs on the KB mamouth inlet blower.............

It appears that it is up to 801h.p. with the same pulley that comes on the Super Snake, and then the h.p. goes up from there with additional mods. and/or pulley changes. As stated on the KB site, this is with a stock engine.

One other note, this is with stock exhaust manifolds, no headers (long or short), but instead the stock cast iron "log type" manifolds. The Super Snake keeps its original Ford assy. line cats and 2.5 X-pipe to meet 50 state emissions requirements. The only alteration/addition to the exhaust system performed at Shelby as part of the conversion is a pair of 2.5" Borla cat-backs. Personally, I have already purchased a full 3" JBA w/high flow catted X for my car, if it ever gets built. Still waiting for my call......................

R

Last edited:

Strato_Chief

SVT Cobra
Established Member
Was the Mustang ever suppose to compete with a Vette?:shrug: Thats why Chevy has the Camero.

Its funny how everyone compares these two cars.

Steel four seater Vs Fiberglass two seater

Its not rocket science who will win in a race they are two different cars. I just find it funny when the steel four seater wins and it happens quite often.:poke:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Was the Mustang ever suppose to compete with a Vette?:shrug: Thats why Chevy has the Camero.

Its not rocket science who will win in a race they are two different cars. I just find it funny when the steel four seater wins and it happens quite often.:poke:

Well if it happens quite often than you answered your own question didn't you ? :coolman:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I think, (and this is just my opinion), that it appeared to me to start in 2000 with the 2000 Cobra R. Previously, the Mustang (a pony car) had always been built to compete with the other pony cars around it, even in 1993 and 1995 with the R Models, but something changed between 1995 and 2000. The 385h.p. 2000R jumped over the heavier 375h.p. Camaro SS and Z/28 of that same time period and took on the 2001/2002 385h.p. Z06. The SVT information on the 2000R states this objective and the majority of the magazine tests put these two cars side-by-side for extensive testing. From that point on, the Camaro never caught up and was discontinued, then the 390h.p. Cobra came along, what was it's competition? There was no Camaro/Firebird, and then the 500h.p. GT500.........The Corvette was it, and the rest is history. There will be some lost ground to regain with the new body Camaro.

This is one of my favorites from the many, many magazine tests between these two cars...................

DSCN2341.gif

R

Last edited:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
I think, (and this is just my opinion), that it appeared to me to start in 2000 with the 2000 Cobra R. Previously, the Mustang (pony car) had always been built to compete with the other pony cars around it, even in 1993 and 1995 with the R Models, but something changed between 1995 and 2000. The 385h.p. 2000R jumped over the heavier 375h.p. Camaro SS and Z/28 of that same time period and took on the 2001/2002 385h.p. Z06. The SVT information states this and the majority of the magazine tests put these two cars side-by-side for tests. From that point on, the Camaro never caught up and was discontinued, then the 390h.p. Cobra came along, what was it's competition? There was no Camaro/Firebird, and then the 500h.p. GT500.........The Corvette was it, and the rest is history. There will be some lost ground to regain with the new body Camaro.

R

The new Camaro looks Fugly to me :cuss: I will hold off untill I see it in person but from pics so far :xpl:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The new Camaro looks Fugly to me :cuss: I will hold off untill I see it in person but from pics so far :xpl:

I like it (o.k.), but it seems to have taken on too much Cadillac design influence. I see too many STS angles or something. Instead of sticking more to the retro look as the Mustang designers did and the Challenger designers have done, the new Camaro "appears" to be a futuristic looking 69 Camaro, or something. :shrug:

I added a picture to my post above. It is a cool view taken by the magazine photographer "back in the day"!!

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread