Question about Times

Turbo93SVT

Established Member
I just have a quick question. I have a 93 L with a T-76 Turbo, with 3" exhaust, e-fan, smog pump elm, and other small stuff. I have put down 350hp and 408 torque. Put i am to affraid to run it at the track, because it has 150+ miles. And something will give. But I have Cal Tracs traction bars and Nitto drags. What do you think this truck would run. Thanks

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I'm thinking about the same... low 13's high 12's. I think you're right about not taking it to the track unless you've rebuilt/beefed up the rear end (I would for peace of mind at the very least). Just my 2 cents.

Turbo93SVT

Established Member
The only thing done to the rear end is a Ford Racing cover and Royal Purple. Thats it. The trans was rebuilt last year. You really think low 13s to high 12s. That makes me feel a lot better. I thought it would be high 13s or low 14s. Shows how much I know.

Turbo93SVT

Established Member

roostracing

Established Member
well i went 14.9 with 230 rwhp....you have 120 more than me, you would think 13.7's...however a stall does help alot...thats something i do not have. A good launch with sticky tires....i would say a high 12. I'm sure you have lots of top end!!

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Turbo93svt, is it just me, or does your torque seem kinda low for the hp. What are you using as far as tuning goes? I'm also very interested in seeing some pics of that turbo setup. Just a turbo and bolt-ons? No heads, or cam?

Matt95L

Established Member
Yah it was for the L.Its a 393/396 40 over SRP pistons with a 14.5cc dish(10.28 to 1 comp with stock heads)$449 new,Race prepped D6oe rods $199 new,and a 9000 series cast 3.85 crankshaft $349 new.All unused

Turbo93SVT

Established Member
All I have done to the truck is a turbo, exhaust, e-fan, smog elim, under drives and msd. The truck has had a good tune, and has stock injectors. So I am limited to what I can run. The turbo is only putting out 6 psi. I have a 382ci with AFR 185s, ported lower and box upper intakes, custom cam. And all the other stuff that follows. When the motor goes in, it will be pushing 12 psi and about 600 hp.

Turbo93SVT

Established Member
I dont have much top end because MY tires are 285/45-17, with the stock 4.10s. I have 3.42 to put in it but have not the time. And about torque converters, I was told to stick with about a 2600 to 2800 stall, for the turbo motor.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Turbo93SVT said:
I am going to try to post pics this weekend. I cant promise anything though. I dont know how
Cool, I'm anxious to see it. :thumbsup: :pop: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread