Question about tire rotation/balance at the dealership...*HELP*

Ashdrgn

Established Member
Well, today I went and took my Mach in for a tire rotation and balance. I was checking out my wheels making sure that actually rotated them when I was looking at the clip that hugs the outside of the rim - near the tire/rim meet. I noticed it was moved from one spot to another(on each of the tires). I know this is probably standard for tire balancing and rotation. It seem though a little sliver of metal was pulled out when they took the clip off and put on a new one. Is this normal or am I being overly paranoid over my car? It isn't noticable until you get down and inspect it, but just knowing it is there is kinda frustrating to me. Any insight is appreciated...

Last edited:

69hahaha

Established Member
Are you saying there is a little chunk taken out of the rim or are you talking about the weight ( thats what that metal clip is )?

99cobradave

Established Member
I assume you're talking about the wheel weight - the small lead pea-shaped clip on the rim. These are often moved when re-balancing. No problem. BTW, request that these are put on the inside of the rim, not the outside! Nothing looks worse for a nice set of wheels, than to have visible wheel weights. Yuk.

Ashdrgn

Established Member
yeah it's the wheel weight...it is just a chip from the rim itself...it's not like i'm missing a huge part of my wheel, more like a scratch from where the original weight sat. As for having the weight tucked in the inside next time..thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread