Question about tire selection

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
Hi - I'm looking for low-cost performance tires to hold me over for a few months, when I plan to upgrade to 18's. This is my daily beater so, I need something that is safe in the rain.

I was looking at g force KD's but, hear they should not be driven in wet weather. I live in So Cal, should I be concerned with KDs? Or, are they talking about gushing rain, snow, etc.

I didn't find a price for KDW2's on your website. Do they make KDW2's in 275/40/17? Could you PM me the price.

Can you suggest another tire?

- 2003 Cobra
- H&R race springs. Everything else is stock.
- I drive this beast to/from work and weekend events. I like working the turns.
- I'm taking the car to a road track in Sept and will be using these tires.
- I don't plan to use these tires on a drag strip.
- I do not dump the clutch but, would like a tire that can stick when I punch it.

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hi - I'm looking for low-cost performance tires to hold me over for a few months, when I plan to upgrade to 18's. This is my daily beater so, I need something that is safe in the rain.

I was looking at g force KD's but, hear they should not be driven in wet weather. I live in So Cal, should I be concerned with KDs? Or, are they talking about gushing rain, snow, etc.

I didn't find a price for KDW2's on your website. Do they make KDW2's in 275/40/17? Could you PM me the price.

Can you suggest another tire?

- 2003 Cobra
- H&R race springs. Everything else is stock.
- I drive this beast to/from work and weekend events. I like working the turns.
- I'm taking the car to a road track in Sept and will be using these tires.
- I don't plan to use these tires on a drag strip.
- I do not dump the clutch but, would like a tire that can stick when I punch it.

The KD is designed for just dry traction. No wet surfaces at all. The BFG KDW(2)NT is not currently built in the 275/40-17 size. Just the tradition KDW is built.

Based on the information that you are giving me, I would consider running the BFG g-Force Sport. This tire offers a nice contact patch and has two wide aqua channels to evacuate water. I'll PM you a delivered price, I just need your zip code.

Details:BFG g-Force Sport

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
The g-Force sport will give you better rain traction.

Thanks for the help Matt... I just re-read my first post and noticed the emphasis on rain, my bad. It hardly ever rains in So Cal; and would like the emphasis on a performance tire in dry weather but, that is safe to drive, if it rains on my way home from work (I don't intentionally drive this car in the rain).

Do you still recommend the g-Force Sport over the Nitto 555's or Falken Azenis RT-615, which are in the same price range I'm looking at?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The RT 615 will handle just like the KD in the wet, so I wouldn't consider that. Both the Nittto 555 and the g-Force Sport are great dry traction tires, it's really a toss up. I would personly run the 555's.

Users who are viewing this thread