Question about tuning out rear 02's...

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
hey all, i'm kicking around the idea of taking the cats off my bassani x pipe. had it on there for 4 years now and i kinda just want to change things up a bit. i have an SCT XCAL3 tuner with a custom RET tune installed. my question is, can i just go on there and turn the rear 02's on and off as i please and it doesn't affect the tune? like for instance, i don't want to turn off the 02's and the car resorts back to the stock tune or something. i would just like to turn them on/off as needed and not have it mess with the tune at all. is this as easy as i hope and i'm just overthinking this? thanks :thumbsup:

prostkr

Established Member
You call RET ask them to resend you a tune with them off. That is not an end user adjustment.

Icecold

Established Member
Im running the o2 mil eliminators and they are awesome ... i have an o/r x pipe and put the mils in and no throwing codes. Idk why you would want to turn them on and off because then youd be putting your cats in and out ... just get the mils off of american muscle plug them in and your golden. Let that exhaust scream :) ...

P.S im not sure about messing up the tune due to i dont have one yet ... but im sure if you get the mils it wouldnt change anything but talk to a tuner they will know best in that case.

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
The Mil eliminators I got from American muscle didn't work for me. Sold them to a GT owner and worked fine. Good luck if you do buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread