question about wide band

308turbo

Established Member
i got an AEM wideband out of my other car and i wanted to just check my AFR on my cobra.....can i just take one of the o2 sesors out and make 2 pulls with it or is it going to throw all sorts of codes and not run right??i know on fox bodys u can but was not sure about new ones....i guess if i have to ill weld a bung in the exhaust...

thanks in advance

PhillyCobra

Established Member
If you're talking about the front O2's you have to temporarily turn off closed loop in the tune if you don't want to throw codes and have things run poorly. If you still have rear O2's they're fine to pull (would assume they're turned off in your tune anyway with OR pipe).

308turbo

Established Member
i have the mill elminators for the back ones and i dont remenber but i dont think there even bungs for the rear o2s i could be wrong tho......i dont know how to turn off closed loop....

thanks robbie

oh ya i forgot to update my sig i have 2.80 pulley sct chip and intake

runsonboost

Established Member
i would just have a bung welded into the drivers side just past the front o2. it cost me like 20 bucks and took about 10 min at the shop. then if you want to check it again you can just swap everything over. took me about an hour to pull it out of my evo and install on my cobra.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I pulled my driver o2 sensor out of the header. And plugged the wideband o2 sensor in (aem too) and it works fine, no codes. Car runs fine too.

Users who are viewing this thread