Question:DUAL FPDM Plus Wire Harness

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
While my engine is being rebuilt i thought i would build a fuel system but i have a question.

1.I'm getting the GT pumps from Tousley Ford and they sell a FPDM. Should i buy it or do i need a Modified one. I don't see the need to spend $400 for that FORE fuel hat when i can just modify the stock one.

03cobramanIII

Banned
get 2 of them .

i got all the goodies from lethal even the fore hat single 8AN one . and fuel line upgrade, its twice the size of the stock fuel lines, twin fpdm's and gt pumps. very good setup! i just didnt get the fuel rails.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
I ordered 1 FPDM from Steve along with the 3 wire harness connectors and built my own dual harness. With the Fore hat, GT pumps, 2 FPDM's and everything else stock from the hat to the rails I was seeing roughly 75% duty cycle at 606 actual rwhp.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
While my engine is being rebuilt i thought i would build a fuel system but i have a question.

1.I'm getting the GT pumps from Tousley Ford and they sell a FPDM. Should i buy it or do i need a Modified one. I don't see the need to spend $400 for that FORE fuel hat when i can just modify the stock one.
Well, I'm no expert at this setup, but I know to do it "right" will set you back some change. Lots of folks going with GT pumps are now going with dual FPDM's as well. And modifying the stock hat was never the preffered way to do that mod and Fore stepped up with a very nice improvement here, albeit an expensive one.

Here's a thread with some good info on this:

http://69.13.120.175/forums/showthread.php?t=445510

Last edited:

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
fuellines009hj2.jpg

I think this looks good.
An this
fuellines010sg9.jpg

fuellines019sv7.jpg

This is a Lightning but its the same thing.

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
My question is What is Steve at Tously selling me? What is his FDPM compared to Lethals modified one? Why two. Why the wiring harness?

Oxford Snake

Established Member
That first pic looks like a Lightning hat, they are much taller.

You can do it with 1 modified or 2 OEM FPDM's. I feel 2 is better as each pump has it's own driver and you don't risk an over current draw. An OEM FPDM from Steve is only $60.

03cobramanIII

Banned
on lethals site it shows the fpdm wiring harness and 2 fpdm.s ..but it only comes with 1 fpdm. you got to use 1 of your old ones. the pic is misleading untill a called them.

i forgot to ask to ''rick'' what my duty cycle was at. i'll have to pm him. cause i srill got a bap butnot using at rightnow, maybe later , whan i mod up again.

the fore hat is awsome looking peice.from lethal.

Users who are viewing this thread