Question for Real Estate Agents/Brokers

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
I am thinking of starting to use my Photography degree and get into Estate Photography for Real Estate firms/Agents/Brokers. I was wondering if anybody already uses a service like to help advertise property. My father is a Broker in a small area and I sometimes look on the MLS and see the pictures that agents put up. I just can’t believe the quality of the pictures. Agents are trying to sell a $250k to $600k (or more) home and they are using a picture that looks like it was taken with a disposable camera by a six year old. I guess my main question is how much of a market is there for a service like this. I’m not looking to make millions with it, just supplement my income a little. I could offer different editing services but probably have the most popular being just take the pictures and hand them over on a disc. I just wanted to get some opinions from the outside world on this. Thanks.

AJ

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
For our firm, (Which my Uncle Owns) we just use a really nice Digi camera and that works great. I really don't think some of these cheap agents (me being one of them) is going to pay a good Dollar for someone to take their pictures.

However what we use, and spend a good amount of money on is.....Virtual Tours on all of our homes. A company comes in with really nice camera's, and setup basically a step by step walk through of the house. We then have the tour burned onto disks for buyers and add a link of the tours onto our website. That might be something to look into!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread