Question for Scotch drinkers

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I just picked up my first bottle and went with Laphroaig. I like it! Will definitely be branching out and trying more.

MysticRob

Established Member
Balvenie goes great with two cubes of ice! I will be enjoying this for the next two weeks until I leave again.

Sold. I'll be getting some from TJ's shortly then. I've read a good scotch tastes even better with some ice and/or water to 'fully release the flavors' or whatever it supposedly does. I like a slightly chilled drink anyway.

That and the fact that a 750ml bottle at $38 @ 40% alcohol gets me quite a few glasses over a same sized bottle of $6-8 wine @ 12% means I can stretch it quite a bit, so it's not really even expensive compared to fermented grape juice. Winning!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I have a bottle of Macallan 18 sitting in my bar and a bottle of JWB. However my go to scotch is JW Gold if you can believe it. Straight out of the freezer, neat. I'm definitely not a scotch snob because I prefer the blended scotches over the single malts.

U.M.

Blown 89

Established Member
I have a bottle of Macallan 18 sitting in my bar and a bottle of JWB. However my go to scotch is JW Gold if you can believe it. Straight out of the freezer, neat. I'm definitely not a scotch snob because I prefer the blended scotches over the single malts.

U.M.

Nothing wrong with that. My favorite is a blended as well.

Users who are viewing this thread