Question for those who've lost a parent

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Wow. It does sound he's in bad shape. Are you two not close at all?

Me? We are very close. He lived with us for a few years until his health really started going down hill. He's currently trying to get into an assisted living center about 10 minutes from our home.

ssssnake

Established Member
Me? We are very close. He lived with us for a few years until his health really started going down hill. He's currently trying to get into an assisted living center about 10 minutes from our home.

Thanks for replying. I'm sorry that he's in bad health, but I'm glad he has you. Hopefully, he'll be able to get in. Are you an only child?

fitforspeed

Established Member
Losing a parent is definitely one of the most difficult experiences of my life. It sucks! Loved my Dad more than I knew. One thing reading this thread that came to my mind was that yes your mom is making choices you don't agree with and that you don't want to be associated with and I can understand that. Protecting your family from harm is a priority for a dad. But putting the shoe on the other foot and looking back on my life I know growing up I made a lot of choices and friends that my mom didn't agree with. Did she abandon me and stop loving me? No of course not. She put up with my poor choices and has always been there for me when I needed her. We all probably have been the less than ideal person at some time in our life. Keep in touch with your mom, she may need you more than she or you knows. Hopefully she will start making better choices and you and your family can associate freely again some day.

Users who are viewing this thread