Question on a noise (SVTFocus)

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Hey guys, whats up? Heres my Question....
My car was bought new (but) it was a dealer demo (probley beat to hell and back) Anyway I got about 13k on it now, and im getting a Shing,Shing,Shing noise when I turn bends (wheel bearing????) Just looking for some Experienced advice... It goes in on Thursday to get looked at. Just thought you guys might give me a heads up (so I dont look like a tool ) I only have 1 year left on my Warranty, so any advice will be greatly Appreciated...

Thanx much :)

Primaris

Established Member
Sorry bud, I can't even guess what you're hearing. Any chance you can be more specific?

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Thanx for replying man, but its hard to be more specific. I hear some kind of rubbing when I turn bends at Low speeds (15-20 mph) <<in front... But in the rear, it happenes when I have some weight in the trunk (same noise) Its going in tomorrow ill let ya know what they say.. They will say im crazy (lol)

Primaris

Established Member
Maybe it is a rear brake dust shield?

But, I'm not sure how weight would affect that. Nor, do I think you would mistake that sound as coming from the front. :shrug:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
You know what Primaris, you might be right bro.... I just got it back from Ford, and they said the car checked out perfect (no major problems) So im guessing you are correct (Thats exactly what it sounds like) Because we have dust shields on all 4 discs. Either way thanx very much for the input bro, you definatley know your SVT's :)

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Primaris said:
There's no shields on the front though. :(
Ohhhh, didnt know that. Your like a human SVTFocus manual... Thanx again bro, you always know what your talking about. For now, ill let it go, its not a very loud noise. And they did say the the wheel bearings are fine, it still eats the back-roads up nicely, and runs great.....

SilverRangerGuy

Established Member
my 04 did the same thing, Ford kept telling me I needed to change my brakes. I checked them and they were fine. They ended up changing the axel out and it solved the problem.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
SilverRangerGuy said:
my 04 did the same thing, Ford kept telling me I needed to change my brakes. I checked them and they were fine. They ended up changing the axel out and it solved the problem.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thanx for the input bro... Time to make another trip to the Ford DealerShip...

Eamonn

Established Member
I had something like that with my 04FSVT. The sound appeared at slow speed when cornering and was not affected by the application of brakes. The shop replaced a bearing, and the sound went away.

I heard the noise again (or something similar) the other day. It turned out to be the tire pressure.....:lol: ....seriously. I usually am alone in the car and keep the pressure @ 36psi, but the weather got cold for a while and the pressure in the tires dropped. Go figure....but worth checking.

E

Users who are viewing this thread