Question on Air/Air Intercooler install

Strick9

Established Member
I have a 98 GT, what do I need to do about my steering line that runs in front of my radiator and my reservoir support bracket that sits on top of my radiator?
Thanks.

Eddy1987

Established Member
i cut some of the metal above the powersteering line so i could move it up out of the way
SDC12015.jpg

and for the support bracket, mine wouldnt clear my piping so i took it off and cut it and flattened one side and mounted it on my powersteering reservoir
SDC12052.jpg

Strick9

Established Member
Looks great. Thanks.
I noticed that your MAF sensor is on the output of your S/C. The original install that I had for my S trim from Vortech had me place my sensor in the orignal place just behind the filter. Does this matter?
I'm thinking of going with the CxRacing kit that they sell for the Ford. Does anyone know if this will install okay on a 98 GT?

Last edited:

Eddy1987

Established Member
Your front bumper look different.... mine is not tubular.

i made that one. i did not like how much the stock bumper support blocked my intercooler and saw a member on mustangforums made one like that and decided to make my own.

Looks great. Thanks.
I noticed that your MAF sensor is on the output of your S/C. The original install that I had for my S trim from Vortech had me place my sensor in the orignal place just behind the filter. Does this matter?
I'm thinking of going with the CxRacing kit that they sell for the Ford. Does anyone know if this will install okay on a 98 GT?

im running a blow through setup, so that allows me to place to MAF after the blower and vent the excess air into the atmosphere, where as you're running a draw-through setup. and my intercooler and piping is the CXRacing DIY kit from ebay for $218 shipped and it works great.

Last edited:

Strick9

Established Member
I ordered my DIY intercooler kit from CxRacing this morning. Is there an advantage to having a blow through setup?

Eddy1987

Established Member
i've heard its easier to tune(my tuner dialed my tune in, in about 30-45 min) and you can vent the air from the bypass valve into the atmosphere.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
I just bent my lines out of the way a bit, but a guy on another forum said he asked around and was told by a tuner that you could just cut the lines right after they come out by the radiator, then conect the two with some rubber tubing. Will look clean and as long as you dont do any serious road course driving, that will be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread