Question on drug paraphernalia laws in PA

ChuckV

Established Member
I'm going to school out in Pennsylvania (Allentown), and recently purchased a hookah. I don't smoke any drug of any sort, nor would I allow it to be used to smoke drugs. The only thing that would ever touch the bowl would be nargila (flavored tobacco).

Does anyone know if there are any laws in Pennsylvania that would make the possesion of a water-pipe of any sort illegal, even if just for tobacco use? I know they're perfectly legal in NJ and NY (provided they're used for tobacco, and not mj), but I'm not sure about PA. They have a few weird laws out there. There's a tremendous base of knowledge here, so I thought I'd ask before I got myself a summons or worse for "drug paraphernalia" that's never been and never will be used for drugs.

ChuckV

Established Member
Hahaha, it is for tobacco. I don't smoke, and if I did I doubt I'd spend 100+ dollars on drug paraphernalia ;-)

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
if theres not gonna be any marijuana residue that they can test then you have nothing to worry about. if you have it in your car and are wearing your greatful dead shirt your gonna get harrassed. keep it at home and dont worry bout it.

ChuckV

Established Member
I don't dress like a pot-head, and there will never be any drugs smoked from it, so it sounds like I'll be fine. I might see if I can find a local LEO I can double check with.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
A hookah is fine. Although it is against federal law to import one, you can possess it in the United States. If you only smoke tobacco out of it, then it is not drug paraphenalia. Most drug paraphenalia we look for are the small items used by illicit drug abuser, such as a crack pipe or a "one hit" bat for marijuana, etc.

Plus a hookah shouldnt be leaving your house, so there should be no problems.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Those tobacco hookahs are pretty cool. Does it use the coals and have a huge bowl? They taste sooo good.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Plus a hookah shouldnt be leaving your house, so there should be no problems.

Who doesn't take their hookah in the car with them :shrug: :-D

SNCBOOM

Established Member
crew_dawg16 said:
Some people have a PS2 built into their car, I have a hookah built into my car. It's the only way to travel.

haha, quote of the day

Users who are viewing this thread