question on foam pads

fuel

Established Member
Do they make/sell foam pads for a 10" polisher/buffer? Or can I just use mf bonets?

Scott P

Established Member
I think you can find bonnets at AutoZone. The machine doesn't generate enough speed to really be effective at swirl removal, so I doubt any company would make actual foam pads for it.

fuel

Established Member
Scott P said:
I think you can find bonnets at AutoZone. The machine doesn't generate enough speed to really be effective at swirl removal, so I doubt any company would make actual foam pads for it.

My machine? or any radom orbit polisher?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
:rollseyes your machine.. What scott is trying to say is that the machines that are sold @ Autozone or Wal-mart are not to good. No offense But they just dont create enough speed to break the Diminishing abbrassives that a polish has. If you really want to remove swirls & scratches there is no other way then the Porter Cable way. The PC is good for rookies that want to make their cars shine. I had to donate my 30 dollar Wal-mart polisher to the Salvation Army

fuel

Established Member
the box the polisher came in said it will go up to 4800 rpm, although there are only 2 speeds. How much faster is the porter cable?

DCAN87

Established Member
fuel said:
the box the polisher came in said it will go up to 4800 rpm, although there are only 2 speeds. How much faster is the porter cable?
The PC is 2500-6000 RPMS. The PC also has alot more then 2 speeds. :banana:

my02gt

Established Member
fuel said:
That is without putting any pressure on the buffer. If I were you I would get the Porter Cable.

Users who are viewing this thread