Question on Heads

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Have a basically stock 5.0 vert with exhaust, and a gear coming REAL soon. What would be my best bet.........working the stock heads or breaking the bank and buying TrickFlow, Edelbrock or GT 40's?? What do you guys think? Not really looking for a 10 second car but 12's for sure.:shrug:

bigwill306

Im Broke Bitch
Established Member
you'll make more power with a set of aftermarket heads but, i have seen guys run the 69 windsor heads and early model 289 heads. these heads will get you into the 12's easily with a few other mods.

tegaman111

Established Member
cheap speed i would get thumper ported stock heads and cam cmbo and maybe a used cobra intake that will get u there.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Get the Gt-40 heads if you are on a budget. Porting your stock heads will cost you big bucks, and isn't worth the effort. If you aren't worried about the money just go with a set of aluminum heads.

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
I'm running a 95 mustang 70mm maf(plug & play) 65mm TB & EGR spacer, upper matched to EGR, Tom Moss ported lower intake, ported E7's 3 angle 1.84/1.54 &1.6RR on a stock cam, bumped timing and tune, etc. headers, etc. and 3:73 gears. I haven't run it down a track yet but this will get you int he 12's no doubt. you can do the above for little money, you have the heads and intake. very streetable set up and still gets good gas mileage.

goods place to read some info..

http://www.tmossporting.com/tabid/326/Default.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread