Question on Whipple blowers... maybe you guys can help

LT1BIRD

Established Member
the snout on the blower.. they have 2 versions... extended snouts and direct drive snouts... are they interchangable? If i buy the direct drive snout with my blower... the shortest snout.. can i later just unbolt it and put a longer snout on it if i wanted without changing the whole front of the blower?? the whipple tech guys via email have helped alot but I still need a bit more info...
UPDATE: Support helped me understand it more.. the direct drive needs a few more parts than a simple snout swap.. got it figured out!

Last edited:

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
There is only one snout for the gen5 3.0 blower for cobra applications. The only differences in kits were the different sizes in throttle bodies.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I haven't gotten too deep into it, but anytime I've looked at the blowers the case itself looks the same across the board. At least for our style. I'm not sure about the type that uses jack shafts. So while I'd say you should be able to swap the snout with minimal effort, I'd hate to see what Whipple charges for just a snout.

LT1BIRD

Established Member
I use the accessory drive from a 2001 cobra... one belt setup.. so I am going to need a short snout... they are $350 but not sure it will fit on the gen 5 3.0 blower.. hoping tech support will email me back soon.

LT1BIRD

Established Member
yes, looks like the direct drive snout fits the 3.0 blower as its shown here on the gt500. The gt500 uses the inboard pulleys for the drive.. oppostie the cobra...

Attachments

• gt500w.jpg
    gt500w.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread