* All documentation inc window sticker
* 100% stock condition
* Original paint
* Never in an accident
* Everything works just fine - no issues
* Mint, not a scratch inside and out
* Car looks like it just rolled out of the showroom
* Owner wants $10,500 firm.

I do not have experience with foxes but it seems like a great purchase opportunity to me. Here is where I differ to you guys for help:

1. Is it a good deal?
2. I heard that '89 - '92 are better in terms of performance, and '93s are slower due to emissions. As such, some folks advice to pass on '93s. Is that true or really a big deal as some make it out to be?

I have always wanted a fox, but need your advise please. Thank you in advance for your help.

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
If everything advertised is true, that is cheap. I've been looking for a while, and that car usually sells for around $14-$15 k. If everything checks out, that is a great price.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Guys, I have just located a 1993 Mustang LX 5.0 with the following attributes:

* Hatch
* Red with black interior
* 5 speed
* 39,000 original miles
* Original owner
* All documentation inc window sticker
* 100% stock condition
* Original paint
* Never in an accident
* Everything works just fine - no issues
* Mint, not a scratch inside and out
* Car looks like it just rolled out of the showroom
* Owner wants $10,500 firm.

I do not have experience with foxes but it seems like a great purchase opportunity to me. Here is where I differ to you guys for help:

1. Is it a good deal?
2. I heard that '89 - '92 are better in terms of performance, and '93s are slower due to emissions. As such, some folks advice to pass on '93s. Is that true or really a big deal as some make it out to be?

I have always wanted a fox, but need your advise please. Thank you in advance for your help.

1. YES! No reason to second guess the price if it is as clean as described.

2. The 93's were the first year of the Hypercraptic pistons, and that is part of the reason that the pre 93's are a little more sought after. I knew plenty of 93's back in the day that were just as fast as previous years with the same mods, but when it came to reliability/durability with poweradders things were a little different.

My question would be what are your plans for the car? You can always run a smog pump delete and you don't need to worry about emissions.

04Red-Snake

Established Member
Thank you GNATS and Red Turtle.

As far as plans for the car, I intend to add some minor aftermarket components - i.e. exhaust, CAI, rear gears, etc. Nothing major. The car will be mostly to enjoy driving around on weekends, no track or serious racing.

Again, thank you for your comments and help. I appreciate it very much.

4valvemach

Established Member
I dont know if you are dead set on this car but "bad93svt" has his 93 svt cobra for sale in orlando FL.It is black with gray interior some performance mods like intake,heads,supercharger car is number 358

He is asking $13900.00 maybe you should PM him for more info!!!

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Thank you GNATS and Red Turtle.

As far as plans for the car, I intend to add some minor aftermarket components - i.e. exhaust, CAI, rear gears, etc. Nothing major. The car will be mostly to enjoy driving around on weekends, no track or serious racing.

Again, thank you for your comments and help. I appreciate it very much.

If those are the mods that you are considering, I would jump on the car. Me personally, I loved my 3.55's but most here will tell you 3.73 or even 4.10's.

I dont know if you are dead set on this car but "bad93svt" has his 93 svt cobra for sale in orlando FL.It is black with gray interior some performance mods like intake,heads,supercharger car is number 358

He is asking $13900.00 maybe you should PM him for more info!!!

I saw that car in his F/S add and it is very nice.

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
1. great deal jump on it if it truly is what it is.

2. what you have heard is complete BULL. The only change made to the '93 which was already stated was the addition of " hypereutectic" aluminum pistons everything else is the same including the emissions. The main reason for the lower HP rating was Ford changed it's testing procedures and could no longer make the claim. The '93 is no slower than a '92. there was minor wiring harness changes to the '93 also for the airbag plug same has the '94 ^ and the moved the fuel pump relay under the hood, it was under the drivers seat. I don't know what else they changed but it wasn't much.

For street cruising and general enjoyment of the car I would go with 3.55's or even 3.27's. I have been in a fox with 3.27's and it goes really good over the 3.08's and even better than the 2.73's and you get really good gas mileage. 3.73's are not the do all gear anymore although still good for the right package.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
If is as good as you described grab it and post pics asap. Another vote for 3:55's for a decent cruising gear. I had them in my 88 and would get 25 mpg on trips.

Users who are viewing this thread