Question Regarding Exhaust!

SVTerror

New Guy on the Block
Established Member
I currently have stock exhaust, but it has flowmaster mufflers (not sure what series since it came with it the car when I purchased it). I pretty much have my heart set on Magnaflow cat back. My question is, since I live in California, and law enforcement are strict on loud exhaust, will the Magnaflow cat back alone get attention due to excessive noise or is it pretty tame:shrug:? I have watched countless videos of different exhausts, but the videos dont do any justice. My flowmasters are nice, but I want alittle more...My tips are alittle bent, so I thought why not change the whole thing? I will be driving it normally since its my DD, so I wont be WOT much.

Another question is it even worth keeping the stock cats and have a X pipe fabricated? Because a local shop told me they could fabricate a X pipe (2.5in) after the cats (they wont touch cats) that goes with my cat back.

Thanks

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I currently have stock exhaust, but it has flowmaster mufflers (not sure what series since it came with it the car when I purchased it). I pretty much have my heart set on Magnaflow cat back. My question is, since I live in California, and law enforcement are strict on loud exhaust, will the Magnaflow cat back alone get attention due to excessive noise or is it pretty tame:shrug:? I have watched countless videos of different exhausts, but the videos dont do any justice. My flowmasters are nice, but I want alittle more...My tips are alittle bent, so I thought why not change the whole thing? I will be driving it normally since its my DD, so I wont be WOT much.

Another question is it even worth keeping the stock cats and have a X pipe fabricated? Because a local shop told me they could fabricate a X pipe (2.5in) after the cats (they wont touch cats) that goes with my cat back.

Thanks

dont worry about noise i got one of the loudest set-ups ive ever heard and cruise cali all day......it depends on the police that day the law is actually anything aftermarket is illegal. as far as the x pipe thats fine but how much is he charging if its basicaly just as much as a x pipe you can buy made already id go with the made one from bassani, pypes, magnaflow, mac or etc.

Last edited:

SVTerror

New Guy on the Block
Established Member
dont worry about noise i got one of the loudest set-ups ive ever heard and cruise cali all day......it depends on the police that day the law is actually anything aftermarket is illegal. as far as the x pipe thats fine but how much is he charging if its basicaly just as much as a x pipe you can buy made already id go with the made one from bassani, pypes, magnaflow, mac or etc.

Thanks for your response. The shop told me about $100 for a fabricated x pipe installed (welded). I could install the cat back, so that wont cost me anything. I will look into the other companies you mentioned. Also will I need a tune if I change the mid pipe and cat back? If I do the method above, and keep the stock cats, will that still require a tune?

Last edited:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
magnaflow catted X + manaflow catback will be quite at idol and low rpm.You will not draw attention unless wanted. Tune not required,but would help.

Users who are viewing this thread