Question reguarding florida employment laws, and rights of the employee.

50_Dave

Established Member
I dont know if any of you know anything about this but heres the scenerio.

No work history of calling out, no delinquicy or truency reguarding tardyness. I work hard all the time and pick up extra shifts all the time to help out. I have never been written/documented in the 3 years that i worked there.

I went out drinking with the GM of my resturaunt friday night. I called work the morning after, and talked to a morning manager telling them i would help them out with a favor by doing inventory for them if they could take me off of the schedual that night.

That manager who i was doing a favor for, put me down as calling in sick rather then taking off of the schedual. My GM who i was out drinking with the night prior came in and saw me as "calling out", wrote me up and suspended me for 3 days for not having a viable reason to call out when in fact i never called out but requested a favor for another. Now i got a doctors excuse saying i had food poisoning for the past 2 days and that i was under his care. Not only that, but im trying to avoid getting the morning manager in trouble for taking me off the schedual for calling out (I'll go down that road if I have to) as he lied about why he took me off of the schedual rather then tell the truth (no clue why he did that).

If a person with a doctor's note takes time off of work do to illness, can the company legally suspend and document you? I have a meeting with him tomorrow to discuss this and if it doesnt go well, i may take this to the human resources department.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Call a local law office....Tell your employer the same....If everything above is correct
you should not have a problem....Employers don't like legal problems....

Users who are viewing this thread