Question replacing cobra fog light...

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Ok fellas here is the story and bear with me i'm a newbie. While driving home from new jersey a damn 18 wheeler was in front of me and one of its tires started to shread into pieces. One of those pieces ofcourse hit the car right where the passenger side fog light is located. :fm: Wierd enough it didn't crack the fog light lense but i guess the bulb blew out cause it won't light up. So my question is replacing the bulb in the foglight as simple has a headlight bulb being replaced?? Plus where can i buy that bulb at?? :shrug:

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
It's an H3 halogen bulb available at any auto parts store. Just look up under your bumper and how to replace it will be self-evident.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Don't even have to pull the light to install. Reach up under there and pull the harness out of the back of the light covering, switch bulbs and re-plug in the harness to the light covering. Cost 4 bucks...can do it on 3 minutes.

blackfang

Established Member
It will twist to the left and you pull the bulb out of the foglight housing, then unplug the blub from light harness.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Just don't touch the bulb with your fingers, wear latex gloves or something similar.

jlauth

Established Member
Go to ford and buy the part first so you can see exactly how it hooks in. It is kinda tough to reach up under there, but i did it in the parking lot right after i bought the light. Just do exactly what yellow 98 said and you will be ok.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
My advice: don't go to Ford :lol1: .

Lay on the ground, and stick your head ( 1/2 of it anyway), and half a shoulder under the bumper cover :eek: , and use a flashlight. Like said above, twist the connector off (to the left), pull it back, and remove the bulb.

I used the cardboard pack the new bulb came in to hold the new bulb. Install the new bulb just like the way you took the old one out, and reinstall the connector in the lamp housing.

The oil in your skin will cause the bulb to blow as it heats up - don't touch it :nono: .

Piece of pie. :sleeping:

Last edited:

mystic1219

Established Member
Dano said:
My advice: don't go to Ford :lol1: .

Lay on the ground, and stick your head ( 1/2 of it anyway), and half a shoulder under the bumper cover :eek: , and use a flashlight. Like said above, twist the connector off (to the left), pull it back, and remove the bulb.

I used the cardboard pack the new bulb came in to hold the new bulb. Install the new bulb just like the way you took the old one out, and reinstall the connector in the lamp housing.

The oil in your skin will cause the bulb to blow as it heats up - don't touch it :nono: .

Piece of pie. :sleeping:

Exactly. Thats how I did mine. Think it was 5 bucks at a parts store.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Yellow98SVT said:
Don't even have to pull the light to install. Reach up under there and pull the harness out of the back of the light covering, switch bulbs and re-plug in the harness to the light covering. Cost 4 bucks...can do it on 3 minutes.
YUP you can do it in the parking lot

Users who are viewing this thread