Questions about 94-95 Cobras.

M3xpress

Established Member
Did these cars ever come with cloth seats? Did the cars use the same hood as the Mustangs/GTs and then they received the new hood design in '96?

M3xpress

Established Member
^^Yeah I like the 96+ hood as well.

I was looking at a nice '94 Cobra and the cloth seats/hood threw me.

With so many people interested in making their Mustangs "Cobras" and me not being as familiar with these older cars, I wanted to find out some info.

If I run across these 94-95s, are there any other identifiers that can be seen that can't be changed that will let me know it's a Cobra since they seem to have similar options to other Mustangs in those years?

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
^^Yeah I like the 96+ hood as well.

I was looking at a nice '94 Cobra and the cloth seats/hood threw me.

With so many people interested in making their Mustangs "Cobras" and me not being as familiar with these older cars, I wanted to find out some info.

If I run across these 94-95s, are there any other identifiers that can be seen that can't be changed that will let me know it's a Cobra since they seem to have similar options to other Mustangs in those years?

Obvious is the engine, no 3rd brake light on trunk lid and the "crab claw" spoiler.

Also look at the VIN number. 8th digit/letter of the VIN should be: D

Then there is the "COBRA" on the steering wheel, COBRA sticker on the brake booster etc..

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
Obvious is the engine, no 3rd brake light on trunk lid and the "crab claw" spoiler.

Then there is the "COBRA" on the steering wheel, COBRA sticker on the brake booster etc..

+1. the rear trunk lid is the easiest to see at a glance. there should be no provision for a 3rd brake light on the trunk and it should have the led brake light in the spoiler. heres a closeup for you.

100_0402.jpg

Last edited:

M3xpress

Established Member

+1. the rear trunk lid is the easiest to see at a glance. there should be no provision for a 3rd brake light on the trunk and it should have the led brake light in the spoiler. heres a closeup for you.

100_0402.jpg

This car has a nice 347 in it, so it's been tweeked a little, that's why I wanted to note other things.

The Vin letter is a great one, and I've never even noticed the trunk lid before.

The car does have the brake light on the spoiler, and I'll have to see it/ask about the Vin letter.

Users who are viewing this thread