Questions about bassani install

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
Last weekend, i bought and installed the BX Bassani catback on my dad's L for him for his b-day. Anyways, in the instructions it said to put the crossover (Xpipe) w/ the I.D. tag facing towards the passanger side... only problem is, the crossover didn't have any tag welded on. I had it the way i thought they had shown in the pics on their instructions, clamped it up and moved to the mufflers. Then the mufflers wouldn't seat up right, and if i forced them into place where i could tighten the clamps, the hangers would be damn near falling off of one side. So anyways, i went back, switched the crossover around. This time it didn't seat up as good to the factory mid pipe but the mufflers fit a little better. Still pushing to one side more than the other on the hangers though. Finally Bolted up the tips and they're not sticking out enough and are not parallel w/ the side of the truck. Sorry this is long, but has anyone else noticed this w/ the bassani cb?? Its not like I'm a newbie to simple exhaust installs either. I've done about 7 or 8 on mustangs. This was the 1st time i've ever bought anything bassani and from all the other brands i've put on, this one was the worst fit. Even the bbk stuff i used to had fit alot better. Plus, this thing isn't even loud... AT ALL. I told him that it will probably take about a week to burn some of that new packing out. Anyways, if anyone has any info, please relay. Thanks and sorry for the length.

Last edited:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Trust me the sound will be worth the wait. It's not the easiest install to do, by no means. But if you really want to hear the sound from Bassani then I would also get a set of high flow mid pipes. But give it some time to break in and the burn smell will go away and the sound may be what just right for your dad.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
when i put my midpipes on it was the same man you just have to monkey around with it. i would get everything lined up under but the tips wouldnt sit in the ground effect good so i had to end up backing all the nuts off then used a ratchet strap to pull the tips back and went back with the king kong grip and tightned it all back up.

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
when i put my midpipes on it was the same man you just have to monkey around with it. i would get everything lined up under but the tips wouldnt sit in the ground effect good so i had to end up backing all the nuts off then used a ratchet strap to pull the tips back and went back with the king kong grip and tightned it all back up.

Thats what i think i'm going to do once i get under it again this weekend to change his fuel filter and put a FTVB in for him. I used to do the same thing when doing stuff on mustangs. I remember jacking up the parts of the exhaust, then tightening. Seemed to work well back then. I'll try to knock it around.. but i'm still pissed b/c i almost bought him MAC which was 1/2 the price and my luck it would have fit up perfect.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
When I bought my L it already had a Bassani catback.I decided to put some Bassani
O/R mids....Well you think being from Bassani that they would fit like a glove.....
WRONG!!!

I had to "Monkey" around with that shit for a couple of days.........Anyway,I've heard
this from some other L owners BTW also.

Bassani does sound the best IMO.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Thats what i think i'm going to do once i get under it again this weekend to change his fuel filter and put a FTVB in for him. I used to do the same thing when doing stuff on mustangs. I remember jacking up the parts of the exhaust, then tightening. Seemed to work well back then. I'll try to knock it around.. but i'm still pissed b/c i almost bought him MAC which was 1/2 the price and my luck it would have fit up perfect.

it will be worth it man trust me. one of my biggest issues was when i got the truck it had all the exhaust on it except the mid pipe which came with the truck and was brand new. when i went to install the mid pipes they didnt want to go into the x pipe b/c the pipes on the x pipe had been crimped down. if it wasnt for that i believe i would not had an issue at all. i have a small leak right now that il fix when i get back home and have a lift and an exhaust pipe expander.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
thats because you have to put the mids on first, then bolt them up. Their Catless mids that I put were the worst experiance of my life, I put it all together, then just thought it would slide into place.....yea ok.

I ended up taking the crossmember down to make it a little easier. When it was all said and done, it fit great just the install is a pain. Once its done, and finished you will be happy.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The fit wasnt too bad on mine. I left everything pretty loose and tightened it all down at the end. I had to do loosen and retighten a few things because i couldnt get a wrench or socket on the head of the bolt or nut. All in all it wasnt too bad. I did it w/o a life or jacked up. Just a piece of plywood under it.

As for the sound, it's good. Just give it time to break in. If by then he still wants more loud and more throaty, install some high flow cats. I got some welded it by a muffler shop. It is a total night and day difference. Sometimes it is too loud for my taste. But damn it sounds mean for not being full 3" exhaust.

j0hn

Established Member
I attempted to put exhaust on my truck once. Then I took it to an exhaust shop and paid them $100 bucks to have it done. Probably was a good decision, because it would have looked like shit if I had done it.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
I had more trouble taking off my mac catback... when i did install my bassani and turned on my truck i was like WTF THE MAC WAS LOUDER AND THE BASSANI SMELLED BAD... Then after like 300 miles it got this nice sound that i love...

Users who are viewing this thread