Questions about Marauders?

MATT SS

Hi everyone,
Im relatively new her but am consdering getting an 03/04 marauder as my daily driver and am wondering if anyone could answer a few of my questions. Before my 1996 SS I had a 1994 Caprice LT1 9C1 and LOVED it, not just BC it was a chevy but that it was a big powereful 4 Door sedan. I would like another full size sedan, but the caprices and impalas are getting old.
Questions, is the motor in the Marauder basically the same as the 99/01 Cobras? Does it burn oil? Whats the real world gas mileage like with the stock 4.55 gears? What are the best stock times anyone has gotten out of the car? and finally, How is the handeling? is it stiff or does it wallow in the corners? Thank you in advance, The only reason I ask so many questions is because I am serisouly considering getting one and want to know if its worth it. :thumbsup:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
First off the engine is the exact same 1 in the 2003/04 MachI Stangs only diff. is the intakes switched from the Passanger side on the Mach to Drivers side Marauder. I did a 14.97 At 94.8 MPH stock and now doing 14.503 @ 96.56 MPH with 4.10 gears/BBK TB/and JDM tuned chip. MPG when it was stock was around 18 MPG city by regular driving and 25 MPG Hiway doing 68/70 MPH mostly. Now with the 4.10's the MPG dropped to around 21/22 MPG. Handeling is on par with 2nd Gen Lightnings and most Mustangs/Fbodies.
Only complaint I have is that all the 300A's were BLACK :bash: So keeping mine clean is a never ending job. If you can get 1 do it now as only 11052 were made in 2003/04 total.

MATT SS

Thanks alot, I dont know alot about fords. Is the Mach engine the same as the cobras?
Did you notice any oil consumption, bc I heard a horror story about a 99 Cobra on here that burned all his oil and had to get a major rebuild

Silverstrike

Established Member
Bowtie092 said:
Thanks alot, I dont know alot about fords. Is the Mach engine the same as the cobras?
Did you notice any oil consumption, bc I heard a horror story about a 99 Cobra on here that burned all his oil and had to get a major rebuild

No Oil problems that I'm aware of but some MM's do have the head tick that some other DOHC 4.6's have most notably the MachI and 03/04 Cobras.

All the Cobra engines are built by 2 people vs. the mass production line of the Intech thats in the MachI/MM line. And the Intechs are all aluminum. As being the same yes in its design but there are some differances As the Cobras have a Forged crank and 6 main berings vs Cast crank and 4 Main on the MM. Now the 03/04 Mach 5 speeds have a forged crank as well.

But if you get a MM it should have a remaining warranty.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I test drove a few at carmax before I bought a new 04 last Oct. You may want to go check them out there.

MATT SS

Defyant said:
I test drove a few at carmax before I bought a new 04 last Oct. You may want to go check them out there.

Hey thanks for the answer, but what is carmax?

Do you have any thing done to your crown vic? and do you have any pictures of it? Same goes fot the marauder.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
Have you done any mods to your company car? I was just issued a 2004 CVPI and I was looking to enhance it's performance without being obvious or expensive.

Silverstrike

Established Member
Sniperfox said:
Have you done any mods to your company car? I was just issued a 2004 CVPI and I was looking to enhance it's performance without being obvious or expensive.

I did a [email protected] with around 13,000 miles 100% stock then a [email protected] with just 4.10 gears/chip and Throttle body and around 19,000 miles. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Check your owners manuel. You either have 3:55 (probably) or 3:27s.

Mods? Wut Mods? No real go fast mods, just police stuff.

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
I looked all through the owners manuel and there's no mention of the rear diff. anywhere except to change lubes. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread