Questions about whipples???

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Off the bat I used the search button and didn't find the exact answers I was looking for. So for vector or wilson & co. What other things do you need for the install, such as gasket sealer, gaskets, etc???? Does anyone else have there own personal write up on the whipple install??? What pointers or anything else that could help me out along the way??? I also am planning on running 60lbs injectors in the car, what type of MAF should I run??? My brother is buying the KB off me so we can get some head to head comparison of the two blowers, but he is gonna have stage 2 or 3 cams put in during his install. Should be two sick cobras terrorising the midwest in the near future.

03TorchRedCobra

Been around
Established Member
I also live in Illinois and would like to compare whipples with someone around here. The install is straight forward exchange with the Eaton. Keep your gaskets and reuse. Whipple has two types of plenum, single blade and the stock two blade. I had a single blade Accufab tb so I ordered the single. Be sure to go for the single blade. I think Billetflow will sell the TB only, but Accufab will only sell as set.

I have the 60# injectors dual aviator pumps and a 17# pulley. Ran 571 rwhp at the Anderson dyno contest and won. I have not tuned with the new pulley, so I did not pull with my race tune but with the safe tune.

Let me know where you live and maybe we can meet at one of the meets around here.

When you put the oil in the Whipple be sure to check very closely. The color is so clear it is really hard to tell. Don't assume that what they give you is the exact amount. They provide too much.

Last edited:

co3bra

Established Member
Just one thing, make sure you put the fuel rails on the whipple prior to installation. Other than that its a direct replacement bolt on.

Good luck and take your time.

PS. make sure you check the coolant system for air pockets.

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Sorry about the slow response guyys and thanks for all the info. The reason why I'm switching is my brother offered to buy my KB and I said why not. I figure already went the KB route, why not try something new. 03 torch I live about 2hrs away from andersons place, so once I get my car done we could meet up, and bring my bro along to show off the setup he is going to be sporting. As far as that is concerned there are no new gaskets that I should use. Like the lower mainfold to the blower, coolant passage thingy on the front???? I just want to make sure this is done right, thats all. Any other words of advice would be great, and thakns.

Users who are viewing this thread