Questions on Fore triple pump tune

toomnymods

Established Member
I'm currently tuned thru AED for my e85 with 47lb injectors. I'm wanting to install my stage 4 Fore innovations kit in a few weeks. i'm wondering if i keep using the 47lb injectors would i need to be retuned? I already have ID 1300's but i know changing injector size would require a retune.
Just trying to install some of this stuff for my upcoming turbo build so i dont have to take off a week from work.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Are you staying returnless or going with return style fuel system? If you go return style you going to need a retune, and if you stay returnless with new pumps you are going to need a retune. So either way you will need a retune if you keep current injectors or not.

toomnymods

Established Member
I fail to see why? If i stay with the same fuel injectors i was tuned for and Base fuel pressure stays the same the car shouldnt see any changes imo.
What am i missing?

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I assume you're going return since I heard turbo build? If you aren't, you should be. The tune HAS to be modified when you go to a return fuel system. All kinds of parameters are changed in the tune or the car will not even run.

Now, the question is, does the WOT tuning need to be modified if staying the same injectors? I am betting 'possibly', but hopefully you have a wideband and can datalog to truly find out. Best bet is to just buy the sct prp and start learning how to tune yourself.

toomnymods

Established Member
yes the Fore stage 4 kit is a return style kit., each fuel rail has its own 8 an hose feeding it, then they both return back to the FPR, then a single 8an back to the Fuelhat.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The 2011+ Coyote's are return already from the factory.

Set the fuel pressure between 50-55 psi like the stock system and you should be fine.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The 2011+ Coyote's are return already from the factory.

Set the fuel pressure between 50-55 psi like the stock system and you should be fine.

Then why do they have the FPDM? I know they have a bypass in the tank, but aren't they still considered returnless?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I fail to see why? If i stay with the same fuel injectors i was tuned for and Base fuel pressure stays the same the car shouldnt see any changes imo.
What am i missing?

Because your new pumps are capable of pushing more volume at the same pressure and voltage level. I'm assuming there's a fuel pump voltage table just like the older ECU's that'll need to be adjusted.

Alfie

Established Member
It's a mechanical returnless. The return is in the tank. No voltage table. Unlike other systems that increase fuel pressure with increase in manifold pressure these do not.

Users who are viewing this thread