questions on lowering the rear

blown up 98

Established Member
well i want to lower the rear of my car and i did a search about cutting the stock springs and it seems that is def. not the way to go. I have coilovers on the front with strange 10 ways all around. the front sits about exactly where i want it but i want to get the rear down a bit. the ride quality dosnt really matter too much but i am still going to want the car to have a decent weight transfer. any help would be appreciated:beer:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, how low is the front?
Each set has a different drop. You need to tell us how low you want to go.

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
i cut my springs three years ago and no issues...i believe i cut 3/4 of a ring out...only way you can mess it up with cutting them is to cut too much out if you do a little at a time and keep checking it you should be fine...remember that most people cut springs without considering how much they will compress after you put the weight of the car on them and cut a bunch out then their car rides like shit

blown up 98

Established Member
i would like to drop the rear like an inch. the front is pretty low but i dont want to have too many clearence issues if i can help it just a good look

blown up 98

Established Member
^^^ i already have a complete setup from Team Z Motorsports or i would consider those. The only thing left on the car stock is the rear springs.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you only want an inch, then Ford C springs will work, but you need to buy all 4.

On the other hans, Suspension techniques makes a nice quality spring for our cars too. lowers it a little over 1 inch out back. You can buy the fronts/rears seperately through JCWhitney
Air Lift HIGH-PERFORMANCE LOWERING SPRINGS : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories

Call them, they DO sell the springs for our year stangs, even though the site doesn't list them.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Definitely don't buy those Granatelli lower control arms or anything from them for that matter, Granatelli suspension parts are complete rip offs of other manufacture's designs that are produced VERY poorly and there have been tons failures reported on both race cars and street cars using their parts.

Users who are viewing this thread