Questions on my setup...

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Ive been reading quite a bit, but I am still on the fence and just want to make sure before i purchase my fuel parts.

First off, my motor is a 10.2:1 compression built teskid, and i am running a 2.2 KB. I am wanting to do one aeromotive a1000 pump, eliminator sumped tank, -8 line and some 80lb injectors. I already have the aeromotive rails. I know i will need Y block, filters etc.....but my question is will this be enough on E85 ? i know i have a 2.2 blower, and with longtubes i am going to push about 19 lbs so the motor sees 17, i was told this was enough on my compression to make well over 650.
Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure i was not missing something. I see all this and that about 105 lb injectors, two a1000 pumps etc. etc, however im not pushing 25 psi on a 2.8h haha.

thanks again

Ironhand

Banned
With your compression plus boost not sure if a single A1000 will be enough. You'll be in the 700rwhp range. Everyone knows that E-85 requires more fuel yet it seems that people dont use larger fuel lines with it. A -10 feed line will flow more volume of fuel at a lower pressure then -8 will and could help you in the long run.

I would do -10 feed and a -8 return line just for insurance.
The rest of it you will be fine with. As far as 80s. Just be prepared to have a high base pressure and make sure your pump is effiecent to flow enough fuel at those pressures.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
thanks.....yah i always thought an a 1000 pump was good to 800 horse, but E85 is different so that is why i was asking.
So two of them? or maybe just an eliminator? i am getting one for 250 bucks, so i couldnt pass that up.

Ironhand

Banned
Doing alittle reserch for you and I came up with this information.

Aeromotive A-1000 Fuel Pump

For fuel injected engines:

•up to 1100 HP - naturally aspirated
•up to 800 HP - forced air induction

So we will take the Forced Induction number:

800 x 33%(To allow for E-85)
33%= 264hp
800-264= 536hp on E-85

These numbers are loosly based but it appears that a single A1000 pump will not work for your horsepower levels.

Look at the Aeromotive Eliminator Fuel Pump:
Aeromotive Eliminator Fuel Pump

For high horsepower Strip/Street applications, EFI or carbureted.

For fuel injected engines:
Up to 1600 HP - naturally aspirated
Up to 1100 HP - forced air induction

1100 x 33%(To allow for E-85)
33%= 363hp
1100-363= 737hp on E-85

These are not exact numbers and Im sure someone is running more power with either of these pumps. This is just a guideline to help you choose the right pump for your needs based on induction and fuel type.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Good for you to keep the high compression!!!! I have a 10.3:1 motor and even though I don't run E-85 or plan on making more than 450HP, it is much more efficient, and has better throttle response. Perfect for a centri car.

Since the compression ratio is the one constant once the engine is built, you'd think that you'd make the compression as high as possible, then use all the other variables to manage that, such as tuning, air, fuel, intercooling, meth injection, etc.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
alright.....Ironhand i just spoke with a someone very familiar with E85, EFI cars and aeromotive stuff. He basically said that he thinks an A1000 should be enough, even on E85 mainly because that 1000 horsepower rating is for all EFI cars, non carberated. So basically, the A1000 pump should even on E85 ( because if you go to the website its actually 1500 NA, and 1200 forced air induction) and that should be about 800-850 on E 85......if someone else can chime in, id like to make sure before i purchase the a 1000 pump, and the lethal budget return system.

Users who are viewing this thread