questions regarding SVE drag wheels

DoubleClutch

Established Member
Good afternoon SVTP community,
I'm about to order a set of the SVE drag wheels in 15x10 for the back of my oxford white 14 GT and had a few quick questions.
First off my car is a track pack car with the brembo wheels, for the SVE drags im looking at the dark stainless finish. I plan on keeping the brembo wheels up from and was curious if anyone had any input as to how close, if at all, the dark stainless is the the color of the brembo wheels.
Second, the biggest merit for me of the SVE wheels as opposed to a set of dark stars is that i can use my factory lug nuts, however ive seen conflicting reviews as to the validity of this. Can anyone clarify that you can in fact use the factory lug nuts?
Lastly, tires. I was planning on the Mickey et street radials. my car isnt my daily driver but its not likely to see the track very often either. The M/T website states that the wheel width for the 275/60-15 is 8-9.5? So can i run a 275/60-15 or should i step up to the 295? right im just bolt ons and e-85 making 435 at the ground. I may do nitrous sometime in the near future but thats a maybe, so im thinking that 275 would probably be more than enough tire.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

nate-roth

Established Member
i cant answer your question on dark stainless. I just installed the SVE drag chrome wheel kit with the front and rears. I think it's great, the skinny fronts seem fine to me for daily driving. The MT 275/60's hook in first from a 5mph roll and I make 150 more hp than you. I also removed the front sway bar which helps weight transfer a lot. The factory lug nuts worked fine, my car is also a track pack car. With all the rain is Houston I would be mostly concerned with MT drag radials in the rain. You might want to look at Nitto 555R's

DoubleClutch

Established Member
Thanks for the response! Glad to hear you're liking them as I went ahead and already ordered them yesterday. I just got 2 of the dark stainless 15x10s and some et street radials in the afore mentioned size. Fortunately the Mustang isn't my daily driver and doesn't come out during inclement weather.

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
I use the factory lug nuts with my SVE wheels. I had no problems with using them over the summer.

OP wants to use his stock wheels/tires up front tho, didn't you have an issue when you tried this?

i also used stock lugs on mine, only thing i suggest is getting a thin wall socket. I use a normal one and my lug holes are chewed up

Users who are viewing this thread