Questios??

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
Hey Guys(you to Rick), Looking to get some autometer gauges and I see there are Electrical and Mechanical..........I am thinking about a boost and water temp for intercooler temp.....Which do I go with Elec or Mech..? :shrug:

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
If you can find one, Autometer makes a low temp electrical gauge. It work awsome for the intercooler temp. A regular temp guage reads from 120 - 240deg so you cant realy monitor the intercooler very well. The low temp gauge reads from 60 - 210deg so it opperates in the range of the intercooler.
I believe most people prefer electric opposed to mechanical. They are easier to install. With Boost your only option is mechanical.
The Pro Comp Ultra Lite with the silver face looks good. Thats what I had in my cobra and I will be putting in my lightning.
Do a search. People put a green LED lite in them and they illuminate real close to stock.
My .02

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
I have the phantoms in mine. I like the Mechanical gauges (full sweep). I have oil press, boost, water temp, A/f, and Fuel press (had to go electric for that one).

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
BOOST/VACUUM Gauge

WATER TEMP

These are the only ones that will look alright cause they have white faces on them. Ultra lites have silver faces, but have more options available, one is 40-120

Here is the phantom that would work for intercooler temp. I personnally dont like the black ring around it. The lunars give that factory type glow once you put a resistor inline.

PHANTOM

Last edited:

whitelx

Established Member
Anyone have any tips on installing a mech. gauge inside the cabin. I had a custom pod made for my sisters Contour and I want to make sure it will not leak.
-whitelx

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Just make sure you use a grommet where you drill a hole through the firewall to prevent chaffing (spelling)

Users who are viewing this thread