queston about fuel system

toms03cobra

Established Member
i bought a twin pump return fuel systen from lethal about a year ago. just yesterday i was cleaning my engine when i noticed my power wire was melted. the fuse was fine the pumps still worked. i grabed the fues holder and the wire was real brittle the fuse holder was also melted. not sure what happed the only thing i could thank of is that my batt light has been coming on not sure if that means anything. i did not put the fuel system in so just wondring if there is somthing comon that people do wrong or forget when installing. thanks

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
You either have a short in the wiring somewhere or the voltage regulator in your alternator is bad (pumping too much power, but this would be a problem with all circuits on the car). This is not normal, and I would definitely go over how you did the wiring, sounds like you have a short some where. Make sure that if you passed the wire through any metal that you used a grommet or some type of protection so that the wires insulation does not get cut/chaffed by the sheet metal that it has passed through. Also make sure that you have no bare or exposed wires. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread