quetion for you pulley guys,anybody around lakeland florida

allens-03

Established Member
ok i have desided to pulley my car,but i sure would like someone that has changed a pulley to be around to help with the install.i am alittle nervous about screwing up the blower.also what brand upper pulley is the best choice for or cobras

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
I changed it....Its not that bad...Just Take your time......

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
i found out the other day that it is alot easyer ( my experience atleast ) that some people claim. hell, i didnt even use a decent puller (i used a 3 claw 5 ton puller) and it was still easy. i had one person on one side of the car with a pry bar to keep the pulley from moving, and me on the other turning the bolt on the puller. it takes alot of force to make it move the fist time, but after it pops once, it gets easyer from there.ohh, and if you use this kind of puller, make shure you put a metal washer between the snout and the puller. intalling the new pulley was even easyer, i put a bag of ice on the blower snout, and i put the pulley in my oven at 500*. slid on nicely. just make sure you measure the factory pulley (as far as where it is on the snout (mine was 5 &1/4 inches from the top bolt on the blower to the first rib on the pulley) before you pull it. and make sure the new pulley is in the same place. and good luck! ohh, and if you can wait a few months, i will be moving to ocala in jan :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread