Quick ? about Throw out bearings

Redhot91gt

Established Member
I was wondering whats the difference between self-aligning throwout bearings and just regular throwout bearings? Is this just a way to charge more money? Should I spend the extra 10 bux for it?

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
hmm

I'd pay an extra $10 for one that stays quiet I can tell you that!

My GT one chriped and the one on my Cobra chirps both cars under 50K miles. What a joke.

Oh back to the topic at hand. This is taken from the Centerforce website FAQ:

"MY NEW THROWOUT BEARING APPEARS TO BE OFF CENTER ON THE BEARING RETAINER AND WOBBLES, IS IT DEFECTIVE?

Although This May Look Abnormal, This Bearing Movement Is One Of It’S Design Features. Centerforce Strives To Supply Only The Best Quality Bearings Available, For Most Applications We Prefer To Use A Self Aligning Or Self Centering Type Throwout Bearing. This Bearing May Appear To Be Off Center Or Improperly Manufactured, However, Rest Assured, The Bearing Will Align And Center Itself Properly During Normal Usage."

So..I guess they seem to think they are worth the $10...

Last edited:

Redhot91gt

Established Member
LOL, funny I did a google search earlier and found the same site. Yah I figured Id go with one to be safe, but wasnt sure if anyone on here has gotten one. Oh yah and the squeeking is soooooo annoying. Annoying enough to pull the trans to replace just the TOB.

Users who are viewing this thread