Quick Advise needed

Boost on This

Established Member
Hey Gang!

Need some advise on my pulley size.

I ordered red 2.76" and 3.1" from Amazon racing.
Lynn from Amazon told me that I wouldn't need a Idler pulley unless I notice belt slipage. I just don't want to goto a dyno tune with belt slip and waste money on a bad tune.

So here are my questions:

1. Is 2.76" safe to run as a daily driver, or should I try to get a return?

2. Is anyone running the 2.76" pulley and noticing any isssues or only good power?

My car is 3 weeks old. I have a KB CAI and Magnaflow cat-back currently. Stalling issues present at braking time. Ordered a Steeda intake.

Anyone please Advise on the Pulley.

Thanks,
03 Cobra from LA
Boost on This

wicked03snake

Established Member
i run a 2.8 and drive daily. ive had the pulley for about 9 mo now and with my tune and a good belt i didnt see much slippage, but my lower idler pulley next to crank pulley exploded, so i got 2 100mm and 1 90mm billet replacement idlers and a new belt. i dont see any slippage, but boost still drops due to heat soak.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Boost on This
My car is 3 weeks old. I have a KB CAI and Magnaflow cat-back currently. Stalling issues present at braking time. Ordered a Steeda intake.

Anyone please Advise on the Pulley.

Thanks,
03 Cobra from LA
Boost on This
My advice would be to hold off on a pulley until you get a few more miles on the car. See if the stalling issue clears up with the new CAI and make sure there are no other problems with the car.
Once you pulley and chip it tranny/engine warranty claims will be difficult to make.
JMO

predator

Established Member
I'd go with what racerat said. Take care of one problem before you introduce new variables. With the stalling issue...some have done a simple fix by dis-connecting the negative battery connection for about thirty minutes and then reconnecting and driving. The car relearns how to breath with a different CAI. Maybe before that you might insure there are no leaks in your intake. Some have gotten belt slip with 2.7x or 2.8 pulleys....and some have not. I am sure that Linn was just trying to save you a few bucks up front until you actually experienced a need for an additional idler.

Users who are viewing this thread