quick exhaust question!!!

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
does aluminized steel rust???????? and can you lightly sand it??????????
might be stupid question but im curios....

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
SSSNAKE04 said:
does aluminized steel rust?
Aluminized steel resists rusting better than non-aluminized steel...but yes, eventually it will rust. I've had aluminized pipes look good for many years.

can you lightly sand it?
Aluminized steel has a thin protective coating on it. If you sand it, you will likely damage the coating. The pipes will quickly rust any place the coating is removed.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
Ok cool thats what i tought, what about applying some sort of protection on the pipes to prolong the coating??????? is there anything like that?/

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Aluminized pipe should last you many years before it starts looking bad...especially if you're in Florida.

You could always try some high-temp paint on the pipes if you want... but if you really want pipes that will look good after 10 years, just spend a little more and get stainless.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
Aluminized pipe should last you many years before it starts looking bad...especially if you're in Florida.

You could always try some high-temp paint on the pipes if you want... but if you really want pipes that will look good after 10 years, just spend a little more and get stainless.
LOL like im gonna keep my car for another 10 years...
thanx for the info...

Users who are viewing this thread