Quick exhaust sound question

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
I heard a cobra today and a mustang GT driving around...I love the way there exahsut sounds...it was straight piped...how do they get that "custom" sound? all mustangs with exhausts have that same special sound...is that due to the 4v heads or....what?

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
The manual transmission tends to reverberate the sound of a nice sounding exhaust! You just can't duplicate that sound from the automatics....except @ WOT!:-D

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
I know fade...it would be sick if we could get these thigns to atleast semi-sound like them....damn

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Mustangs sounds nice i like them alot, but i would never want my truck to sound like one, thats a classic mustang sound that even all the old 5.0's had. I got a couple buddies who got 5.0's and id never hear the end of it, if my truck sounded like theres haha.

JoeyD Boosted

Deep Reflection
Established Member
^Yes true lol.
My GT sounds great with the SLP LM2's.. all Stangs sound good!
Can always hear if it's a stang.
Fade is correct.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Lightnings w/ aftermarket exhaust set-ups have their own unique sound.:coolman: I've gotten plenty of compliments on the sound of my exhaust system...not even runnin' longtubes yet.

But, it's definitely different than a Mustang's sound.

Chutebox is right...I wouldn't want my truck to sound like a 'Stang. Cause, it's not a 'Stang.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread