Quick KW V3 install question

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
What strut mounts are you guys using?

I'm using the steeda 11-14 mounts with STEEDA's spacer kit to allow the 11-14 mounts to work on 05-10 struts and I am just not using the supplied KW spacers at all.

Would that be ok like that or what? I am thinking it will but just want another persons opinion.

Also, what are your guys' method for tightening the top strut nut?

86Fbody

Established Member
What strut mounts are you guys using?

I'm using the steeda 11-14 mounts with STEEDA's spacer kit to allow the 11-14 mounts to work on 05-10 struts and I am just not using the supplied KW spacers at all.

Would that be ok like that or what? I am thinking it will but just want another persons opinion.

Also, what are your guys' method for tightening the top strut nut?

Not sure on your space question, however on the strut nut make sure to buy a tool for that, they make something to hold the nut and allow a torque wrench on it. If the adjustment is done at the top you don't want to use an impact as it can damage the adjusters.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Not sure on your space question, however on the strut nut make sure to buy a tool for that, they make something to hold the nut and allow a torque wrench on it. If the adjustment is done at the top you don't want to use an impact as it can damage the adjusters.

Yeah, I just compress the springs then hold the top of the strut with a small wrench and then tighten the nut. Didn't know they made a special tool for it. I want to torque these down properly so, thanks for the heads up on the tool

Users who are viewing this thread