Quick MGW Race spec shifter install ?

evil281

Established Member
My shifter is scheduled to deliver this evening and I am planning to install this weekend.

I have a lift at my fab shop so that should be nice.

My question is do I have to remove the x pipe to gain access for install? Also same question on the driveshaft?

The reason I ask is because the fitment of the x pipe was so bad I need two people to install it and I am not sure if I will have the second pair of hands available.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I didn't have to remove my stock H for install. Not sure how your X will be but I did disconnect the mid from the OAPs so I could have some slack

scott_0

Established Member
I have long tubes, I had to remove my mid pipe to install my race spec

evil281

Established Member
I'll try your method first Kevin, my problem is the side that connects to the cats not the oap side, if I can get away with that I would be happy.

hispeedlodrag

Established Member
I have ARH long tubes and off road x - did not need to remove any exhaust components for my MGW Race Spec install. The x pipe was a little close to the passenger side rear bolt of the tranny brace, but I was still able to remove the brace and lower the tranny as detailed in the MGW installation video.

evil281

Established Member
Yea I install the shifter successfully last Saturday with no issue, did not touch the exhaust at all.

Install went very smooth with no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread