Quick oil separator question....

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
I have it in my car installed and it catches quite a lot of oil, my question is does it metter which way the flow arrow points to???? right now mine is pionted from the center to the valve cover, should it be the other way around????? Just curious???

FF3

Established Member
Mine fills up pretty quick too. The air comes out of your valve cover and enters the back of your plenum. So the arrow should be pointing toward the passenger side.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Yes it does actually, it will not work right if the arrow is not pointed the right way. Make sure that the Arrow runs with the tube that runs out of the valve cover.
example: [valve cover]-h-o-s-e--==>>-h-o-s-e Kinda sh!ty explaination but I tried. lol
==>> = oil separator

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
i had it the wrong way, still caught planty of oil, but yesterday i swaped it around thanx guys....

bRa_DeN

#5449/8394
Established Member
I have mine with the arrow pointing from the valve cover to the back of the blower. Mine doesnt catch that much oil at all

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Mine is from the valve cover>>>>Hose(Oil Catcher Can)Hose>>>>>>Behind the blower. I only drove a few hundred miles and it collected some oil but not much. My arrow points towards the firewall....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread