Quick Police Application Questions

BostonStrangler

B. A. M. F.
Established Member
Have you ever been questioned or under investigation by any law enforcement agency?

I had a cop come to my house to ask me and a friend about doing donuts in a parking lot....i'm assuming i should answer yes to this right.

Does your name appear on any investigation report?
if i answered yes to the one above then i guess this is a yes too? would this also include car accidents?

Have you ever been subpoenaed for any type of legal proceeding?

In high school i wore a coat to school that i hadn't worn in a long time, there was a pocket knife in the pocket and it fell out on a class trip. i got in trouble for having it in school. I'm pretty sure i saw a prosecutor about it and it was all a big accident so everything was dissmissed. so i should probably check yes to that question too?

I'm pretty sure i'm right on this, but i wanted to double check with some LEO's insted of going off what freinds say. i'm applying for Alternate Route at Somerset County Police Academy and the picking process is really hardcore. so i don't want to screw it up.

Thanks alot guys.

-Ryan

jimljr145

Jimljr145
Established Member
My first advise to you is to absolutely not lie on the application. If you do and are caught, the application will be placed in the "round file" and you will probably be blacklisted. That is to say you could run the risk of never getting a LEO job in NJ. Being questioned in regards to a traffic violation may or may not be something they are refering to. Did you in fact do this, and were you issued a summons? Was property destroyed? Maybe you could go to the law enforcement agency involved and inquire about what they have for you on file. Ask to speak with a Detective or someone who has the time to sit with you and see what is actually in your history with them. If you are looking for a LEO job, and going the alternate route or through the hiring process, they academy or agency will check with all of your contact persons, your neighbors, etc.. Even your school. So do your own following up before hand and then complete the application. NJ academy spots are generally in high demand, and those checking applications can and probably will filter out anyone they think will be a problem or lies on their app. Good luck with your first investigation...

BostonStrangler

B. A. M. F.
Established Member
thanks man. i didn't lie about anything, i told them exactly what happened with anything. nothing major just stupid things from when i was really young.

Users who are viewing this thread