Quick Pro Star Question????

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
I know it can be tight with 315's, however here is my question, Im looking at doing a 15x10 pro star with 6.5 BS, does anybody think ill have a problem runnin a 325/50-15 MT ET street radial??? Let me know asap, Im going down the street later to the speed shop to order these before I spend my money on something else! Thanks guys!

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
well it just so happens I have that same set up, I should be getting the tires mounted on the prostars soon, Ill let you know. I have a slight lowering I think.. like only .25-.5 inches.

you will probably have to roll the fenders

duane v

Established Member
I had 315x60x15 BFG DR monsters on my stang at one time, and I had to remove the quad-shocks, do some minor messaging to the inner fender-well:-D ...and roll the lip and run a 5/16 spacer...Here's a pic of what my stang looked like with those big tires ....DA snake boy!!!!

154464.jpg

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
duane was the spacer bc of the caliper clearance?
I am going to be rolling the fender with a steel pipe haha, wish I had the money to piss on a fender roller but oh well

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
GMKILR9050 said:
I know it can be tight with 315's, however here is my question, Im looking at doing a 15x10 pro star with 6.5 BS, does anybody think ill have a problem runnin a 325/50-15 MT ET street radial??? Let me know asap, Im going down the street later to the speed shop to order these before I spend my money on something else! Thanks guys!

They're overkill and will stick out past the fender. Do you have the matching mullet to go along with that look...like Joe Dirt?

A 275/60-15 is more than you'll need and it will tuck inside the fenderwell.

This is how 325s should look...IMHO

Last edited:

duane v

Established Member
Black96SVT said:
duane was the spacer bc of the caliper clearance?
I am going to be rolling the fender with a steel pipe haha, wish I had the money to piss on a fender roller but oh well
it was for inner fender clearance.....And may I add, if you're running rear coil-overs, forget about running that big of a tire. You can go with a .75 spacer, to clear the coil-overs, but the car will look friggin wet-back.....DA snake boy!!!

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
good thing I dont have coil overs! haha
plan on it in the future when I get a 4 link suspension and shorten the axles for the tubbing so it is tucked in but til then

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
duane v said:
I had 315x60x15 BFG DR monsters on my stang at one time, and I had to remove the quad-shocks, do some minor messaging to the inner fender-well:-D ...and roll the lip and run a 5/16 spacer...Here's a pic of what my stang looked like with those big tires ....DA snake boy!!!!

154464.jpg

wondering how was traccion with those tires :shrug:

Last edited:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
na svt said:
The 275 is just as tall, weighs less and can be tucked for a much cleaner look.
oh well, I dont plan on staying with this power level, plan on a SC as well so it doesnt bother me

duane v

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
Why do you guys buy tires that big? A 315/60 is a 30" tall tire! I'm with na svt on this one.
Trust me, when they came off the truck, I just looked at them and yelled "LORD HAVE MERCY!!!":xpl: ....I didnt think they would be that tall:lol1: ....Once I got the spool installed, I couldnt use them anymore, so I gave them to my pal, and now he's stuck with them:-D .....29" tires is the biggest you should go.....DA snake boy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread