Quick question about tpms/adv trac...affect anything at track?

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Last time I went to the track, bad tune as well...very bad, the car ran very poorly. Rather than holding long enough to "turn off" advtrac, I just turned off TC. Well, I tried to do a burnout with my DR's without tpms, started going sideways about a second or so after starting the b.o. and had to straighten it out. Tried to do a quick b.o. again but power felt down, way down. Different tuner now btw. All seems good.

I don't know if I'm just worried about nothing but felt it was worth a question to you guys if there is any possible correlation between adv trac still being on, going sideways, and some kind of limp mode? Or even related to no rear TPMS?

Now I have the 15x3.75 SVE Drags, didn't get tpms along with the DR's out back. If there happens to be a CEL, like that night, it doesn't cause intervention on a '13 right?

Thanks. The track is an hour and a half away and want to make the most of the trip.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Joey8

Established Member
Even when you just click the button once and TC is off nannies will still kick in. Push the break and hold down the button for ~8 second to disable advanctrac. Then try again.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Yeah, I was thinking it might be a possibility my advancetrac kicked in going sideways. I'll definitely remember to do the 8sec push this time. I noticed next time around there was barely any water on one side of the burnout box. That may be something to lookout for as well.

Users who are viewing this thread