Quick Question For You

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
This is all a hypothetical:

Let's say (God forbid) I get into an accident and it is my fault. I show my insurance papers and they show my car is registered to a different county than which I live. (I used to live outside of New Orleans proper and we rescently moved back to New Orleans where my 6 month rate will go up by $200+.)

What would happen to me with the police regarding the insurance papers?

Thanks for your input?

:beer:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Get your insurance corrected. Forget the legal implications, your insurance company could make an argument for cancelling your policy and not paying a claim as the insurance was obtained under fraudulent circumstances!

DEADEYE

Banned
Here in La it's weird. If you have an out of state plate and registration, you need not carry proof of insurance. If your vehicle is registered here then you need the proof of insurance. What an officer is more likely to do in La is check for your proof of insurance if your vehicle regisered here. If the card is out of state or international, he'll probably run it through the computer to check it validity. If it's valid the officer will take no lawful action. If it isn't then your vehicle and drivers license will be confiscated for violation of LRS 32:865 and 32: 863.1. If the officer can't be sure, he will probably reluctantly not take action. The officers primary concern is that you have a proof of insurance present in the vehicle. He doesn't particularly care about it's origin unless it's fraudulent.

DEADEYE

Banned
BTW, Byvette and Yates...Man when are you guys going back to the lakefront? Me and LAWMAN have been missing you out there. Do you guys know anyone with a red '03 that raced a black supra recently?

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by DEADEYE
BTW, Byvette and Yates...Man when are you guys going back to the lakefront? Me and LAWMAN have been missing you out there. Do you guys know anyone with a red '03 that raced a black supra recently?

I live in Lakeview, so next time you go, let me know and I will try to make it.

I only know of 1 other red '03 and he has 503RWHP.

DEADEYE

Banned
I'll be there sunday. I usually get there around 2:00 pm. The crowd starts showing up at around 4-5 pm when it starts cooling down a bit. BTW Is that red '03 owned by a young guy with a thin build? If it's got 503 he still would have lost. The supra has about 608 rwhp.

Lawman

Established Member
Lakefront

Byevette, Yates...Man, Deadeye, What's up guys! I'm just getting home from work. I passed by the lakefront last Sunday and nobody was there. A couple of the "Maniacs" showed up and they said that there was a meeting last Sunday, but I never received an Email. I'm planning a bar-b-que/crab boil at my house later this month. It would be cool to see a bunch of Cobras parked in front of my house! ( I'll make an exception for you DEADEYE!!!) -- SSSSSSSEEE Ya Soon!

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Re: Lakefront

Originally posted by Lawman
Byevette, Yates...Man, Deadeye, What's up guys! I'm just getting home from work. I passed by the lakefront last Sunday and nobody was there. A couple of the "Maniacs" showed up and they said that there was a meeting last Sunday, but I never received an Email. I'm planning a bar-b-que/crab boil at my house later this month. It would be cool to see a bunch of Cobras parked in front of my house! ( I'll make an exception for you DEADEYE!!!) -- SSSSSSSEEE Ya Soon!

I did not know there was a meeting this past Sunday as well. Eric callen me at 1245 and said there was a meeting at 130. What's up with that? I was out of town anyway...

A BBQ with the local law enforcement. I think this would be a GREAT opportunity to let them see my red mustang and see who is behind the wheel. Maybe this would help me down the road?:beer:

Lawman, remember to have a BBQ on a fall weekend, you must have a tv near by for the games.

Lawman

Established Member
Bar-B-Cue

It will definitely be on a weekend, but my vacation time just got approved and I will be heading to FT. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Orlando, and FT. Walton Beach Sept.12-21. Time to put some miles on the Cobra. I'll have to postpone it until October. As for having a T.V. available, would a 42" plasma T.V. suffice? I gotta go now, duty calls!

Users who are viewing this thread