Quick question

DannySE99

Established Member
How cold are our stock plugs? I think I've might of gone too cold. I went from the stock plug to the NGK Iridium TR7IX. Is this too cold? I raced a guys with a modded STi and beat him pretty easy... and now I installed a dual pass afco heatexchanger and the iridium spark plugs and he was hanging alot better. I still beat him but I beat him much worst last time. Any comments?

Thanks, Danny.

BTW my current mods are: K&N FIPK, SLP x-pipes and catback, Predator tune by RWTD, Afco double pass heatexchanger, and Iridium NGKTR7IX plugs with Nitto 315's in the rear.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Pretty cold since you aren't even pullied. Even if you were pullied, I would suggest TR6s.... Chances are though, you aren't losing power with your plugs if that's what you are worried about.

DannySE99

Established Member
sambandit said:
Pretty cold since you aren't even pullied. Even if you were pullied, I would suggest TR6s.... Chances are though, you aren't losing power with your plugs if that's what you are worried about.

Yeah... that's what I'm worried about. I feel like the car is slower but I think I will go ahead and switch them out to the TR6's. Spoke to some people (co-workers) and they said if you run a too cold of a plug the car tends to run rich due to the car not being able to burn off the gas quick enough.

Danny.

Users who are viewing this thread